The Regulation (Data Protection Act 2018) puts in place numerous safeguards for the use of data about individuals, known as personal data. The data protection principles set out the main responsibilities for organisations.
William Farr (C of E) Comprehensive School has a statutory duty to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act as it collects data about students and adults connected with the school for the purpose of conducting school business.
All of the information we hold on individuals follows six key principles:
- Fair, lawful and transparent
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Kept in a form which permits identification for no longer than is necessary
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security
The school has a privacy notice explaining how information is collected and processed.
Information about your rights under Data Protection Act 2018 can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at this link.
REQUESTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a school, we aim to be open and transparent with data. However, we must also protect the individual and their right for their data to be held securely.
If you do need access to the data that we hold, and you cannot currently access it through the school’s management information system (Bromcom), then please follow the advice from the Information Commissioner's Office. You will also find a template for a Subject Access Request on the website. This information is available from this link