Within the SEND Department at William Farr C of E Comprehensive School we aim to remove the barriers to learning to ensure every pupil is able to access a broad and balanced curriculum, participate fully in school life, achieve their full potential and embraces every opportunity that opens so that they are able to successfully take their place in the world when leaving William Farr.
We will do this by:
- Having the highest expectations of our students and corresponding levels of advocacy.
- Ensuring enhanced transitions take place at all key stages.
- Providing a wide range of high quality evidence based interventions.
- Working closely with other subject areas and providing support for first quality teaching.
- Working with parents and carers and providing the highest levels of communication.
- Fully implementing the SEN Code of Practice 2014.
- Staying abreast of the latest best practice and keeping skills within the school current through our own professional development and running CPD sessions for other staff and stakeholders.
Our strap line is: Braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
Further information can be found at LCC’s local offer:
Family Services Directory (FSD): If you would like to find details about the many useful support services, groups and activities in Lincolnshire, visit our Family Services Directory. You can search for results local to where you live or further afield.