PICK UP TIME CONFIRMED - PLEASE BE AT WILLIAM FARR MAIN CARPARK NO LATER THAN 01:00am!!!!
Time to collect your hire gear...
Ski and Sport are coming into school o MONDAY 25th MARCH at lunch time to drop off all the clothing and equipment you have hired or bought. Please let you son/daughter know they need to be in the MAIN HALL at 12:40pm to try on and take away their stuff. If there are any problems with fitting etc. it will need to sorted there so it can not be missed!!
How to fit a ski boot...
This video is a step-by-step guide to how to properly fit your ski boots. This video is well worth a watch especially if you are a first time skier or a relative beginner, although it is useful for all as wrongly fitted and tightened boots can cause discomfort when skiing.
The link to the unedited youtube video is below.
The Ski Course Boot Camp starts on Monday, 28th January, in the Sports Hall after school 4-5pm. The sessions will run for an hour and will continue every Monday until we go. You will need sports clothing and trainers but this doesn’t need to be your school PE kit. This is an optional extra and has no cost to you, it is something I highly recommend you try to ensure that when we get to Italy you can get the most out of the physical demands of skiing.
Attached is the Ankle and Knee stability work suggested by Ms Hedley that all skiers do before we travel.
Any questions please see Mr Willett.
Letters are now available for collection from the PE office for the Ski Course hoody. These hoddies are an additional extra to the course, a memento of the trip but are not at all compulsory.
If you have any questions regarding the hoddies please get in touch with me at school.
Passport technical notice:
The notices are part of the government’s preparation for the possibility of the UK leaving the EU in March next year without a deal. We firmly believe it is in the interests of both the EU and the UK to strike a deal. That remains the goal on both sides and we are confident that this will be achieved. However, it is the job of a responsible government to prepare for all scenarios, including the unlikely event that we reach March 2019 without a deal. We’re publishing the notices now so that businesses and citizens have time to prepare.
The notice on UK passports published today explains how validity rules for UK passports would change for people travelling to the Schengen area. In this situation, UK passport holders will be considered ‘third country’ nationals by Schengen area countries. To be valid for entry to the Schengen area, UK passports will need to meet two particular rules:
- They will need to have at least 6 months validity remaining on the day of arrival – this is currently already the case for some other destinations around the world, but not Schengen
- They should not be older than 10 years. Any extra validity on the passport beyond 10 years will not count towards the 6 months that must be remaining – some adult UK passports have up to 9 months extra validity, beyond the standard 10 years
https://www.bormioski.eu/en/more/webcam/ - use this link to see the ski area LIVEThis webpage will be updated with information and news in the build up to the departure date (Wednesday 3rd April 2019). Please keep an occasional eye on this page as small bits of information my go on here in advance to or instead of letters going home. Thank you.
I have included below a recommended kit list for the course. This is the same as the information evening presented by Ski and Sport (http://skiandsportretail.co.uk/) back in November - the details from the presentation are displayed below. If there are any questions, please contact me at school.
- Loose comfortable clothes, suitable shoes (if taking snow boots maybe wear them to increase space in your luggage) and a jacket for the conditions on arrival into Bormio.
- Ski jacket and trousers
- A thermal set (top and bottoms)
- Microfleece or thin warm layers
- Suitable footwear for walking in snow (not pumps or plimsolls)
- Warm thick socks x 2
- A neck warmer
- Suitable gloves (waterproof)
- Sun cream and lip balm
- Goggles and Sunglasses.
- Reminder that you will get your Helmet when you arrive unless you wish to take your own (pack in hold luggage)
- Suitable and comfortable clothes
- Shoes must be worn around the hotel at ALL times
- Ski jackets and gloves to be worn if weather requires when we are out of the hotel