About the Friends of William Farr School
The Friends of William Farr exists to raise funds for projects within our school and to promote social activities involving students, parents and teachers. We have donated many items to the school that enhance the experience of all students. Our aim is to support all sections of the school in their requests for funding, which come directly from staff and students to us.
The Parent/Staff Association (The Friends of William Farr School) exists in order:
- to stimulate interest in the life and work of the school;
- to encourage co-operation between teachers, parents, governors, former pupils and all others associated with the school;
- to engage in activities of all kinds affecting the education and welfare of all children in the school;
- to raise money for extra school resources that would not otherwise be provided for from normal school funding and finance.
All parents of pupils at the school are automatically members of the Association and receive information about all activities organised by the Association.
In the last few years we have donated or helped to fund many resources such as:
- Sam The Skeleton - Science Department
- Ace Day
- Geography Badges
- E-Pens for exams
- RE Department wall frieze
- School team netball kit
- Year 7 trophies and bookmarks
- House trophy cabinet
- Year 11 incentive scheme
- Artist Festival
- Author day – English Department
- Rock challenge
- 4 cameras
We continue to be successful in our fund raising, and are looking forward to another productive and enjoyable year. having enjoyed a fabulous start to the year.
The team consists of
- President - Jonathan Knowler
- Chair - Samantha Ford
- Vice Chair – Rebecca Hooton
- Secretary - Emma Hackney
- Treasurer – Catherine Cullen
- Website/Social Media and Promotions Co-ordinator - Samantha Ford
- 100 Club - Samantha Ford
- Members: Caroline Swindin, Lu Southwell, Anna Beeden, Kerry Wicks Randy, Liz Smith, Annette Grayson, Sarah Barker, Catherine Roberts
New recruits for the committee are always welcome from any part of the school. Being a committee member is thoroughly enjoyable and doesn’t involve too much hard work. You don’t have to attend every meeting or event and it is always possible to substitute wives for husbands and vice versa if other commitments intervene.
We also appreciate any volunteers at events to help with school refreshments - please contact us for more details - email@example.com - or ask at the school reception desk