The Friends of William Farr exists to
raise funds for projects within our school and to promote social activities
involving students, parents and teachers. We have donated many items to the
school that enhance the experience of all students. Our aim is to support all sections of
the school in their requests for funding, which come directly from staff and
students to us.
The Parent/Staff Association (The Friends of William Farr School) exists in order:
- to stimulate interest in the life and work of the school;
- to encourage co-operation between teachers, parents, governors, former pupils and all others associated with the school;
- to engage in activities of all kinds affecting the education and welfare of all children in the school;
- to raise money for extra school resources that would not otherwise be provided for from normal school funding and finance.
All parents of pupils at the school are automatically members of the Association and receive information about all activities organised by the Association.
In the last academic year we have donated a total of £3500 to the school:
- House Trophy Cabinet
- Year 11 incentive scheme
- Artist Festival
- Author day – English Department
- Rock challenge
- 4 Cameras
- We continue to be successful in our fund raising, and are looking forward to another productive and enjoyable year. having enjoyed a fabulous start to the year.
The team consists of
- Chair - Anne Davies
- Vice Chair – Lu Southwell
- Treasurer – Erica Ward
- Secretary - Janet Gibbs
- Website/Social Media and Promotions Co-ordinator - Samantha Ford
- Members: Adele Jackson, Caroline Swindin, Ann Court, Rebecca Hooton, Lorraine Heyes
New recruits for the committee are always welcome from any part of the school. Being a committee member is thoroughly enjoyable and doesn’t involve too much hard work. You don’t have to attend every meeting or event and it is always possible to substitute wives for husbands and vice versa if other commitments intervene.
Dates of Future Meetings:
- AGM - Tuesday 19th September 2017 - 7.30pm
Upcoming Events and Engagements
- Open Evening Stand - Thursday 28th September 2017
- Year 7 Meet the Tutor -Wednesday 11th October 2017
- Year 7 Concert Refreshments - Tues/Weds 17 - 18th October 2017
- Bingo and Bangers - Friday 3rd November 2017
- Christmas Concert Refreshments - Thursday 7th December 2017
- Beetle Drive - tbc